Thursday, March 5, 2009

A day in the life...

Today finds me sitting at work, Cloe busily making a mess in the corner of my office. She has an unusual affinity for disinfecting wipes ( no idea why), and is making "presents" with them wadded up in a little damp ball, then she secures the whole thing with about 4lbs of tape. She is wrapping random things on my desk, and then makes me unwrap them while she watches excitedly. I have decided that I can learn a lesson from what she is doing...looking at everyday things about my life in a new, fresh, excited way. I have had an interesting/stressful last few weeks, to say the least. I think I'm finally on the "down" side of the stress cycle for a little while, anyway. About 4 days ago I did the "pause my life for some deep reflection" thing. I have to say that I'm feeling very thankful for the way things are going for me, and for the place I'm at in life. If I can pass on any advice it's this: Ignore the things he does that irritates you, love your kids, teach them discipline, find time to exercise, learn to love the good things about yourself, ALWAYS always try extra hard to make time to study the gospel and talk to God EVERY day! NO EXCUSES! The End :) I wish you all peace, and comfort, and safety, and most of all, happiness...

2 comments:

Roberts blog said...

Marcy;
I live for comments on my blog..but I hate to actually leave comments on other people's blogs.
funny huh..
I never know what to say-
I do love to read your posts.
You are funny, poignant, and relevant. This post in particular was so simple, yet brought tears to my eyes. Thanks. I love you

Pancit said...

Kids teach you the most important lesson of all: The value of living in the moment. Silence is where you find God. When you learn to turn off your thoughts and really LISTEN, God and the angels are there talking to you, loving you and providing guidance. OK, I'll shut up my New Age talk now. :-) I love reading your posts, too. Glad I finally found your blog!