Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Uber-Marcy

Another Plinky Prompt...

The Question: Congratulations! You're going to be featured in the next issue of 'Sports Illustrated.' How does your bio read?

My answer: First of all, the sports-following world would hear about my illustrious career of tripping-and-falling. If it were possible, I would "Take State". I'm 6 feet of legs and feet, and every once in a while there is this whole brain/feet disconnect-usually at the worst possible time... Like the time I was in front of about 30 women at church, holding a folder. While I was walking, some papers fell out of the folder and I slipped on them. It was a spectacular jumble of feet and legs, paper, and dress. But, my personal gold-medal performance would have to be the "see how much flesh a treadmill belt can actually saw off my legs at number 6 speed in 60 seconds" (please see my blog for the full play-by-play of this awesome performance - www.buckydewitt.blogspot.com).

In a past life, I was a cowgirl, competing in a state level roping competition. My horse tripped while running, I flew up, out of my saddle, and landed on his neck. I rode the rest of the way that way... I lost the reigns to control the horse somewhere amid this whole scenario, so he was wandering around the arena, then he finally slowed to a stop. I hopped off, and to my surprise, walked out to the standing applause of a good 15k people. Ahh, good times :)