Monday, February 9, 2009

Old Blog: Crazy Old Lady

Tuesday, February 06, 2007


Crazy old lady

Ok, funny story from this morning... I live next to a sweet old lady and her 50 year old swingin' single son. She has become my buddy, despite the fact that she has vertigo and constantly forgets what she is trying to say. She came trotting up to my doorstep this morning with a plastic target bag draped over her arm. She comes into my hallway and jerks out a brand new pair of tightie-whities, mens. She asked what size my 10 year old son wears. I told her and she proceeds to try to explain to me that her naughty son,(remember, he's 50) bought the wrong sized drawers, even after she told him that he wears 32's. The panties she was waving around at me were 30's. She said my son could have them beacause they don't fit Allen. I am a huge germophobe, so this was setting off all KINDS of alarm bells with my internal cleanliness warning system. She forced me to take a pair of these drawers, and all I could think about as I stood there holding them was "Please, don't let this be the pair that Allen tried on to determine that they were too small." I set them on the floor next to my trash can and I had to wash my hands about 4 times to actually feel clean. I hope Coulter is ready for his used underpants fitting after school today...

**********************************************************

Update: Many of my loyal fans may be wondering if Coulter liked his new underpants....

Yesterday being Monday was family night in my little Mo universe, so the kids and I went to the library and then to dinner. Coulter and I were laughing about the undies through the whole meal, he has an incredible sense of humor. The evening progressed into time to go home and get everyone to bed. By the time we arrived home I had forgotten about them, lying forlornly on the kitchen floor, next to the trash. (single tear for the sad, unwanted undies). I was battling with grouchy Cloe to get her into her jammies, and Coulter, screaming "MOM!", came jumping around the corner, into my bedroom wearing them over his jeans! I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt! He asked me if he could mail them to his dad, I think that should speak volumes about the quality of parenting by both paties involved......

No comments: