Monday, February 9, 2009

Mega Booger, or "The Big Stink"

March 23, 2007


Funny story in the Life and Times of Marcy J.


About a month ago, I was sitting in church, with Cloe on my lap. As toddlers do, she was chewing on her finger, drool on her dress. I noticed a really strange odor, that seemed to be coming from her. I did the quick sniff-around to find the source of the stench as discretely as I could. I couldn't quite pin it down. I kept noticing the smell every so often over the next few days, and I decided that maybe she had an ear infection. The doctor confirmed my suspicions, and started her on a two week round of antibiotic. I went on vacation about a week into the treatment and the kids spent the week with their father. He informed me that she was no longer smelly. After being away from her for a LONG week, I of course hugged her when I saw her, and I caught a big ole' whiff of the stink, which I have decided smells like a mixture of rotten meat and swamp water. I made another doc. appointment, which I just returned from.


EEEW, bare with me for a minute... It was so DISGUSTING...

He looked in her ears and determined that she didn't have an ear infection and then he looked in her nose...

He said, "huh" and jumped up and ran out of the room. Never a good sign. He came back in the room with a tool that looked like a crochet hook and starts digging in her nose. After a few seconds of the digging, out plops this HUGE booger encrusted hunk of something AWFUL. It plopped on to her sweater and then on to my jeans. The doctor, the nurse, and I all just quietly looked at each other and the nurse gagged. The doctor picked up "Mega Boogie" and looked at it, said "YUMMY" and threw it in the trash. It was about the size of a walnut in the shell, and the color was indescribable.

I usually never get nauseous enough to vomit, but I nearly did right then and there. EEWH!

Cloe, for the rest of the morning walked around, sniffing. I guess it has been a while since she could smell out of that nostril...

Kids are fun, right?

1 comment:

Angela said...

too funny and gross Marc typical kid for you!