Monday, November 2, 2009

About freakin' time, don't ya think?

Ok, so..... It's been a while, 'eh? But, oh, well, I'm, back, and will slowly try to address lost time as the memories float to the surface. I'm sitting here, cold from the tile floor slowly seeping through my socks... It's cold, and grey and yucky outside. *Que another crazy Wyoming storm*



A little back story: The girls' bedroom is about half the size that it needs to be in order for all of their stuff to fit in it, so it's been an ongoing struggle to get it clean enough for me to even go in there to clean. I can hear them in there "cleaning as I type... I just overheard "this place YUCKS!" out of Cloe.



So, to sum up the last 8 or so months in a nutshell: we saw some stuff, we won some fights, we lost some fights, we learned a lot more about each other, and ourselves, we laughed, we cried, I busted my toe, then my leg, got married, gained 35 pounds, lost 15, had some triumphs, and some tragedies, overall, I would have to give this year an overall rating of "mildly ok", with a sprinkling of happy. Here are some details as I can currently remember them:

April: broken toe, (kicking Whitney Houston)

May: officially started Dirt e Girl. Gained some weight because of inactivity due to aforementioned broken toe. Mike went to the temple for the very first time (one of my top 5 favorite experiences of all time)


June: Kids got out of school, shot a whole freakin bunch of motocross pics, busted my leg,
Charlie arrived for the summer, had several "laughsohardIthinkIwetmypantsalittle" moments, got married 4 hours after we decided to casually, Coulter went to scout camp, the girls went to visit their father for the summer, I slowly gained another few, (ok, so 20), lbs due to the super cool broken-leg-action. We did some adjusting to the new family dynamic. And Whitney Houston just kept on being her retarded self.

I hate this picture, but it's the ONLY one of us on our wedding day!

July/August: Chic and Barb came from PA for the summer, I met cousin Karol in CO Springs, we went to Yellowstone, (first time for Mike), I got some amazing, unforgettable photos, Charlie's allergies were so bad his eyes were swollen shut, (he's a delicate little fellow, in case you were wondering), I was entertained by Jack Jensen in my primary class, had another motocross race to shoot, we all did some more adjusting to married life. Charlie got to experience the wonder that is Cheyenne Frontier Days (I <3> It was a cow elk. I hobbled around on my leg, which still was extremely painful. School, and Charlie went home ( :( ), and heat, heat, heat...


September: Mike's birthday, and gardening, and work, work, work.


October: Possible swine flu, was sick for a whole week, it sucked. We harvested the garden, it froze, then got buried in snow, twice. We realized how much we love it here. (no sarcasm there)


Which brings me to today... I'm getting over last week, which I will forever refer to as "Barf-fest '09".



Or Halloween was great, and I'm happy to be closing the door on a season, and I'm looking forward to fall, and the holidays. And being better about keeping up on this :)

1 comment:

Pancit said...

Oh, I'm so glad I found your blog, MILF! I love reading blogs. :-) Thanks for the link!